The PDPW Food & Policy Summit will be held Dec. 6-7, 2017, at the Sheraton Hotel in Madison, Wis.
You’ll be coming together with fellow food system professionals, policy makers, educators, producers, and other dairy professionals across the value chain to engage with a striking line-up of leaders, chief executives and science-based experts.
The Summit will emphasize critical and timely biological, environmental and social-science issues faced by modern agriculture. With a goal of being proactive and prepared, the Summit will include the following keynotes and breakouts:
Day 1, Dec. 6: “New Faces, Policies and Possibilities”
- Milk Markets: Chad Vincent, CEO, WMMB
- Global Policy: Matt McNight, COO, USDEC
- Non-Ag Media Panel: Katrina Cravy, Consumer Reporter, WKLH, and Michelle Johnson, Managing Editor, Associated Press, facilitated by Linda Wenck, Principal, MorganMyers
- Movie Screening: “Food Evolution” with Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam, Documentary Co-Star
Day 2, Dec. 7: “Dairy – Where Biology Meets Social Science”
- GMO’s and Genetic Editing: Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam, Researcher & Scientist, UC-Davis
- Air Emissions: Dr. Frank Mitloehner, Professor, UC-Davis
- Antibiotic Residues & Bacteria Resistance: Dr. Randy Singer, Professor, UW-Minnesota
- Well-Water Safety and Water Quality: Dr. Mark Borchardt, Research Microbiologist, USDA-ARS