Back by popular demand is the Wisconsin Cheese Industry Conference Ideas Showcase, a series of quick seminars on the hottest technologies for cheese, butter, and whey manufacturers. Free for all conference registrants, the Ideas Showcase will focus this year on the latest, greatest dairy processing equipment, advances in cheese ingredients, packaging innovations, and water treatment and efficiency.
The Ideas Showcase will be held on two stages in the center of the exhibit hall on Wednesday, April 12 from 12:30-4:30 p.m. as part of the Wisconsin Cheese Industry Conference at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
Scheduled talks on dairy processing equipment include:
- Tetra Pak – Introducing the Cheeseformer from Tetra Pak
- Ecolab – The Internet of Things: Mining CIP Data in a Cheese Plant to Enhance Operation and Product Quality
- Quest Industrial– Planning the Sites in Your Plant that will Benefit from Robotic Automation
- GEA – Innovations in Cream Cheese Production Technology
Presenting on advances in cheese ingredients are:
- Chr. Hansen Inc. – Clean Label, Natural Advances in Food Protection Ingredients
- DSM Food Specialties – Maxiren XDS and the Improvements to Your Cheese
- Hydrite Chemical Co. – OptiPhos: New Technology in Processed Cheese Applications
- AVEBE America – Whey Binding for Cream Cheese
WCIC has lined up three presentations on dairy packaging innovations, including:
- Kelley Supply – Innovations in Packaging for Cheese – Vector-Viscofan Group
- Bemis North America – Concept to Commercialization: The Fast Track
- ePac – How to Leverage Digital Printing for Flexible Packaging for Greater Marketing Impact
And, WCIC is offering an impressive array of voices on water treatment and efficiency, including:
- KROHNE – Monitoring of Product Loss and Increased Solids Recovery Via Self-Compensating Total Solids Sensor
- Foth Industrial and Environmental – Present Pollutant Trading as a Potential Management Tool in lieu of Installing Additional Treatment Processes/Equipment to Comply with the New Phosphorous Limits
- SEH – Improving Plant Efficiency, A Focused Review of Water and Wastewater
- Mainsail Global – Multi-Dimensional Approach Improving the Reliability, Dependability, and Efficiency of Cheese Wastewater Treatment Systems
- The Probst Group – Getting the Most out of Your Anaerobic Reactor with High-Strength Waste Segregation, Automated Diversion, and Process Selection
For presentation times and more detail, visit www.cheeseconference.org.
New this year, the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association, the conference host, is offering a special discount code for Wednesday exhibits-only registration for employees of dairy manufacturing and dairy processing companies. The discount code CM45 lowers exhibits-only registration to just $45 per person.
Exhibits-only registration includes full access to the Ideas Showcase, as well as the conference’s record-breaking exhibit floor, lunch, and admission to the exceptional Chr. Hansen Championship Cheese Auction evening reception. For the exhibits-only discount, register online at www.cheeseconference.org and enter the discount code CM45 on the payment screen. For more information, contact WCMA Events Director Judy Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.