Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Description: The Process Improvement Engineer uses engineering knowledge to continually optimize and improve processes and activities at operating facilities through plant performance testing, monitoring and data analysis. This position develops and employs process unit and plant-wide material and energy balances to evaluate and improve plant operation. The Process Improvement Engineer provides technical support to the plant focused on operational improvement, technology selection, optimization, and troubleshooting. This position develops test plans, executes the test plans, analyzes the results, prepares the reports, makes recommendations to Senior Management, and works on the implementation of the new plant improvements. This position provides technical leadership in broad deployment of improved technology. The Process Improvement Engineer works with the Information Technology in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies and plant optimization tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the plant operating processes to optimize operations and use an engineering skill set to make it more economically viable.
- Analyze plant performance data and compares to design basis and other procedures. Uses this data to determine for efficient and effective modes of operation.
- Lead technical optimization and investigations for plant troubleshooting.
- Develop and employ material and energy balances to monitor and improve plant operation.
- Develop and execute test protocols.
- Write the protocol and assists or leads the execution of the tests.
- Write or manage the preparation of final test reports with conclusions and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of process improvement experience required.
- Strong knowledge in process/project engineering with experience in dairy process engineering required.
- Knowledge of Capital projects, Project Management, and safety required.
- Preferred qualifications: Strong chemistry or chemical engineering background preferred. New Product Development and New Process Development preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
How to Apply: Please visit our website.