Analytical Scientist - Le Sueur
Job Title: Analytical Scientist
Location: Le Sueur, Minnesota
The Analytical Scientist is responsible for conducting research and testing related to product development.
- Serve as project leader for investigation and development of sample preparation and analysis methods using advanced analytical techniques including HPLC, ICP-MS and GC.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and other company laboratories to ensure successful commercial testing and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Partner with Operations and QA laboratories to train others and review routine analytical testing
- Leverage scientific knowledge and problem-solving abilities to continually improve research and commercial efforts.
- Write experimental designs, complete data analysis and write final project reports to facilitate excellence in communication.
- Independently design and execute a series of experiments to test hypotheses related to project outcomes.
- Record, collate, evaluate and interpret experimental data to make appropriate recommendations and documentation.
- Mentor others in design of experiments and analytical troubleshooting.
- Identify technical alternatives from literature review.
- Mentor Associate Scientists at the Protein Research Center.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a laboratory or dairy plant environment required.
- Experience in analytical instrumentation including HPLC, GC and IC required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity