Cheese Maker – 3rd Shift
Job Title: Cheese Maker - 3rd Shift
Company: Lactalis American Group
Location: Belmont, Wisconsin
Description: The Cheese Maker is responsible for maintaining the production and sanitary standards of the equipment used for making cheese as well as cheese making process as set by Lactalis. May also assist in overseeing the unmolding tasks. Candidates must be available to work weekends.
- Add ingredients properly and accurately for each recipe and make adjustments as needed
- Monitor temperature, pH, acidity, fat and protein of milk and whey
- Meet desired targets while maintaining a high quality product
- Maintain line efficiencies by monitoring vats on the line for proper cut times and make time
- Complete paperwork as assigned, accurately and legible
- Perform machine diagnostics when problems arise
- Maintain open line of communication with all line workers and Supervisor
- Perform sanitation duties that are fundamental to cheese making
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Report equipment problems and/or concerns to the supervisor
- Attend departmental meetings and training as assigned by the supervisor and/or manager
- Perform other work duties as assigned
- Apply the safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed
- Apply the Good Manufacturing Practices standards Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED)
- Bachelor Degree in Dairy/Food Science is preferred
- Previous employment in a cheese industry setting
- Wisconsin Cheesemaker License is required
- Stable and dependable work history is required
- Knowledge of: Production equipment and processes, quality, food safety, and health and safety as it pertains to the cheese making process
- Basic mathematical skills are required (must be able to calculate averages)
- Basic mechanical/electronic understanding
- The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive to new ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail.
- He or she will also be capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills.
- Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity.
- Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
- Candidate must have the following attributes/skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, personal qualities of tact and dependability, possess good manual dexterity, vision abilities (close, distance color and ability to focus), able to push/pull/lift and carry at least 30 pounds continuously and 50 pounds occasionally, be able to stand for entire shift, be able to perform repetitive movements (e.g. twisting, gripping, lifting, bending, reaching) and must be able to work over 40 hours per week (weekends are required)
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time. 10 p.m.-6:15 a.m.
Salary: $18.00/hour + $2.00/hour 3rd shift premium
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
Email Kendal Garrison or call 608-762-5173 ext. 3104 with questions.