Cheese Production Supervisor - Jerome, ID
Job Title: Cheese Production Supervisor
Location: Jerome, Idaho
The Cheese Production Supervisor assists in overseeing production in the plant facility. The Cheese Production Supervisor supervises a 24/7/365 operation of workers and equipment in the production area, while applying learned knowledge of processes involved and production methods.
The schedule is 5:00 pm - 5:00 am every Thursday - Saturday and every other Sunday.
- Supervise the Assistant Supervisors, Production, Sanitation, and Staffing employees, this includes but is not limited to hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, evaluating performance, and setting department goals and objectives.
- Oversee and supervise the daily operations of all production and packaging lines and systems.
- Perform the daily tasks of certain Sanitation positions based on the Plant Regulatory reports issued on an as needed basis.
- Work directly with Supervisor and/or Quality when sanitation issues require immediate attention; redirecting workers to these areas as needed. Provide updates to the Quality Department and Plant or Production Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure ‘In Process’ targets are met; inspect and confirm that equipment has gone through CIP and is ready for Process through Pre-Op Inspections.
- Maintain and troubleshoot for equipment and production and packaging questions or issues. Involve appropriate maintenance, quality, or inventory areas as needed for assistance.
- Gather and review paperwork, legal charts and chemical concentrations.
- Ensure all employees are following proper procedures, completing safe working practices, and producing quality products. Identify and assist in implementing improvements in safety, quality, and productivity on shift.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate for optimal and efficient production of products; acting as backup for the production line positions as needed.
- Monitor employees and their breaks.
- Review weekly payroll time cards and sign off. Review and approve time sheets for team in a timely manner.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s, Technical or Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in a food production plant preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our website