Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist - Blair, WI
Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
Company: Associated Milk Producers, Inc.
Location: Blair, WI
Description: The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist position is responsible for implementing all policies and procedures that comprise the EHS program including, but limited to, evaluation and control of safety and health hazards in the workplace, routine hazard recognition and environmental management and also supports functions by performing routine tasks associated with inspection of necessary equipment. The position will work with managers, supervisors, and employees to minimize environmental exposures, occupational health and safety risks, teach specific safe work habits and manage compliance with applicable regulations.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management, industrial health and safety, a discipline of safety engineering or related field from accredited college or university or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Three to five years of experience managing and leading operational safety, preferably within the food industry with proven ability to deliver results. Technical knowledge of fluid milk, cheese and drying operations is preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional with OSHA 511 course completion preferred.
- First Responder, Basic Life Support Training preferred.
- Understanding of the 1904 Recordkeeping Standards and 1910 General Industry Standards; Knowledge of Investigations, Hazard recognition, Training, Recordkeeping, and Behavioral Safety.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time. The position will primarily work days but will be required to work some split shifts and on-call to cover the full plant operations, which operates 24 hours.
Salary/Wages: Based on experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Emma Buss, (608) 989-2535