Government Affairs Intern
Job Title: Government Affairs Intern
Company: Organic Valley
Location: La Farge, Wisconsin
Description: The Government Affairs Intern will be responsible for supporting co-op advocacy/education efforts as well as policy research needs of the Government Relations Department. Chosen applicant will help foster internal and external relationships, build a knowledge base on organic agriculture related policy issues and support systems to make advocacy efforts more effective and informed.
- Support the activities and planning provided by the Director of Government & Industry
- Conduct research on farm and organic related policy subjects.
- Participate and monitor coalition and trade association meetings, webinars, and calls.
- Assist in coordinating congressional and agency communications and the hosting of guests on-farm or at facilities.
- Draft policy memos and materials used for farmer, staff and policymaker education/advocacy.
- Support scheduling and facilitation of department meetings and meetings with other coop departments.
- Join and lend support at key advocacy efforts as travel permits.
- Develop systems to identify, track and quantified advocacy efforts.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Currently or enrolled in post-secondary education with one year or less from
- Currently working towards degree in the fields such as but not limited to, political science, economics, environmental studies/science, communications or pre law.
- Familiar with federal and or state government functions and roles.
- Experience and or interest in organic agriculture and organic regulations
- Basic knowledge of crop and livestock production preferred
- Familiar with online video conferencing communication platforms such as Zoom, GoToMeetings, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect and Skype.
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Ability to prioritize workload and responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Hours/Employment Type: Summer 2021 Internship
How to Apply: Please visit our online website