HR Manager - Eden Prairie, MN
Job Title: HR Manager
Company: Milk Specialties Global
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Description: At Milk Specialties Global, our focus is to create high-quality ingredients designed to optimize health and nutrition. We are passionate and dedicated people. Each day, we collectively explore new, innovative ways to enhance product performance and value through our broad human and animal nutrition portfolios. The human nutrition division focuses on industry leading whey and milk protein isolates, concentrates, and hydrolysates. The animal nutrition division is a leading supplier of functional fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Both divisions are backed by the speed, execution and passion it takes to exceed the expectation of our customers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program.
The HR Manager has the responsibility for implementing and managing the human resources related functions for multiple manufacturing sites, including but not limited to: employee relations, recruitment, coaching, compensation, benefits administration, and day to day administrative responsibilities.
Our HR Manager Will:
- Manage human resources benefits, policies and procedures for all locations as appropriate to ensure work environment supports positive employee relations.
- Act as first point of contact for employee relations issues for Supervisors and Leaders. Investigate harassment or other complaints and make appropriate recommendations to ensure compliance with policies and practices.
- Manage the recruitment process for key positions for assigned facilities. To include: maintaining applicant database, sourcing/posting positions, interviewing, screening applicants, performing reference checks and coordinating new employee onboarding. Oversee activities handled by local HR resources and provide necessary training, coaching, etc.
- Facilitate meetings with employees and managers to include training, annual open enrollment, etc.
- Reduce organizational risk, through risk analysis and appropriate action recommendations.
- Identify training needs and complete training for managers and employees on a variety of topics.
- Implement and manage human resources projects in support of corporate initiatives.
- Support team initiatives as well as back up coverage as necessary.
- Ensure all required compliance or regulatory initiatives are met.
- Perform employee exit interviews. Analyze employee turnover issues and make appropriate recommendations. Complete unemployment claims for assigned locations and represent company at unemployment hearings.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field 5+ years previous Human Resources Generalist experience in a multi-plant manufacturing environment.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to form strong partnerships with a high level of communication and ability to appropriately influence.
- Outstanding customer-centric skills; adept to communicating effectively both written and verbal to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous priorities and prioritize a heavy workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, strong negotiation, and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing the employment relationship.
- Preferred union experience SPHR preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary/Wages: Based on experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Madelyn Billmeyer (612) 326-9903