Maintenance Manager–La Crosse, WI
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Description: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the organization. This position coordinates and manages all aspects of maintenance for the manufacturing facility. The Maintenance Manager facilitates all maintenance activities to ensure uninterrupted operations, motivates and develops support leaders, and maintenance mechanics to lead a dynamic and customer-focused maintenance department.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the dairy industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitor the use and inventory of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment; reordering when necessary.
- Maintain and repair maintenance shop equipment.
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related issues.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate's or Technical Degree or Trade School Certificate/Diploma in a related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years facility/maintenance experience in food production environment required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role required.
- Experience with forklift repair required.
- Forklift Certification required.
- HazMat Responder Certification required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Business, Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of the dairy plant, maintenance preferred.
- Experience in Instrumentation Controls preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity