Production Supervisor–Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Description: The Production Supervisor assists in overseeing production and packaging in the plant facility. The Production Supervisor supervises the operation of workers and equipment in the production and packaging area, while applying learned knowledge of processes involved and production methods.
- Perform the daily tasks of certain Sanitation positions based on the Plant Regulatory reports issued on an as needed basis.
- Completion of Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) documents in preparation for audits with daily sign-off if required, providing appropriate information to Quality Assurance as required. Follow-up on any audit items as needed.
- Work directly with Supervisor and/or Quality when sanitation issues require immediate attention; redirecting workers to these areas as needed. Provide updates to the Quality Department and Plant or Production Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure ‘In Process’ targets are met; inspect and confirm that equipment has gone through CIP and is ready for Process through Pre-Op Inspections.
- Gather and review paperwork, legal charts and chemical concentrations.
- Keep product moving through the system in a timely, efficient manner.
- Review and assist in the follow-up on any Good Manufacturing Practices or production audit items.
- Communicate issues in production, sanitation, or equipment to next shift supervisor.
- Participate and prepare for company, customer, and third-party audits as needed.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate for optimal and efficient production of products; acting as backup for the production line positions as needed.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Direct implementation of departmental objectives, goals and policies.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum three (3) years manufacturing experience required.
- Licensed cheesemaker and HTST operator within one year in position required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a dairy and/or food production plant preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate's Degree from a two-year college or technical school in a Science, Business, Operations Management or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity