Quality Assurance Manager 2
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Description: The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for maintaining the Agropur's Food Safety and Quality Assurance Program including all planned and systematic activities within the quality system that are demonstrated to provide confidence that the product meets quality requirements. This position provides leadership related to various quality programs including, but not limited to, HACCP, sanitation, hygiene, validation, document control, document review, change management, supplier/vendor qualification and management, raw material specifications, internal auditing, pest control, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the formulation, implementation and maintenance of basic policies, plans, programs, standards and techniques necessary to achieve food safety and quality objectives.
- Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which Agropur's food safety/quality goals, objectives and standards are being met; utilizing the results in the effective management of QA activities and recommending corrective actions as needed.
- Interface with sales, suppliers, customers, manufacturing, and distribution to establish food safety and quality requirements on individual products and services based on customer need, the function of the product and its reliability, salability, and value.
- Manage food safety and quality assurance functions to ensure that proposed and existing products and processes are reviewed to avoid or eliminate unnecessary food safety and quality issues; developing recommendations for improvements that increase product uniformity and reliability and improve characteristics to reduce field failures and complaints.
- Ensure all operations comply with government and agency regulations; manage all audits with such agencies.
- Responsible for department budget and cost management activities.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Work with Plant Manager, Plant and Corporate Quality Assurance as well as other managers and supervisors in the plant to improve overall process.
- Ensure compliance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Lab Procedures (GLP), Safety policies, regulatory requirements and organization guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Food Science, Dairy Science, Operations Management or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of quality assurance/control experience required; preferably in food processing/dairy production.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- HACCP Certification required.
- PCQI Certification required.
- SQF Certification required.
- ASQ CMQ/OE Certification preferred.
- CIS preferred.
- Knowledge in business acumen, understanding of current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the organization, familiarity with the competition, and comprehension of how strategies work in marketplace.
- High level of leadership skills including strategic thinking, fostering teamwork, cultivating relationships, and demonstrable experience leading teams through change.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff.
- Knowledge of Food Quality and Food Safety programs including GMP, HACCP, CAPA.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, MSDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP) and translate into workable plant procedures including implementation and accountability.
- Intermediate math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, comparative analysis, measurements, statistical analysis).
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and field-specific software.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Result driven, bottom-line oriented, strives to exceed goals, and motivates self and others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
How to Apply: Please visit our website.