Quality Assurance Supervisor - Le Sueur Food Ingredients
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Le Sueur, Minnesota
The Quality Assurance Supervisor works closely with the Quality Management team in the areas of food quality, food safety, sanitation and internal auditing. The Quality Assurance Supervisor consistently promotes and maintains a safe work environment while striving to ensure quality-focused programs that aid in producing products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Monitor all environmental, in-process and finished product analytical and micro results and help to facilitate root cause analysis and follow-up on corrective actions where necessary.
- Initiate investigations in the case of results out of specification, customer complaints, or process deviations and initiate/finalize Cause & Corrective Action Reports or Foreign Material Reports as necessary; handle Supplier and Customer complaints effectively.
- Review and sign Certificates of Analysis (COA’s) and Sales Orders.
- Facilitate effective cross-department communication to resolve internal, third party/customer and regulatory audit findings.
- Actively promote continuous improvement of all food safety and quality programs leading to overall regulatory compliance and audit readiness.
- Work with plant, corporate and client personnel to resolve day-to-day quality tasks and needs as they arise.
- Assist with hosting customer and regulatory audits/inspections of the facility including food safety paperwork preparation.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Works directly with manager and indirectly with Plant Manager, serving as a back-up for the manager as needed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of quality assurance/quality control experience required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years of quality experience with food processing preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, FDA, or other regulatory compliance programs preferred.
- HACCP certification preferred.
- Safe Chemical Handling Training certification preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity