R&D Commercialization Scientist
Job Title: HR Manager
Company: Milk Specialties Global
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Description: At Milk Specialties Global, our focus is to create high-quality ingredients designed to optimize health and nutrition. We are passionate and dedicated people. Each day, we collectively explore new, innovative ways to enhance product performance and value through our broad human and animal nutrition portfolios. The human nutrition division focuses on industry leading whey and milk protein isolates, concentrates, and hydrolysates. The animal nutrition division is a leading supplier of functional fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Both divisions are backed by the speed, execution and passion it takes to exceed the expectation of our customers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program.
The R&D Commercialization Scientist has the responsibility for commercializing new process and products in production sites and optimizing them. The position will provide sustainable gains in product quality, process yield, and efficiency by utilizing statistical analysis, root cause analysis, design of experiments, and CI principles.
Our R&D Commercialization Scientist will:
- Conceive and plan commercialization projects, in collaboration with R&D, QA and manufacturing team, involving major production activities (plant tests and commercialization of new products), exploration of product and/or process problems, definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Develop a process for new ingredient development projects.
- Complete plant trials to support all corporate strategies and initiatives utilizing the plant trial database process and procedures.
- Supporting the applications team with ingredient processing trials.
- Provide technical training for operators to support making decisions at the lowest level.
- Provide innovative tools that support operators making changes to the process as authorized and required.
- Work with employees to identify and scope new process improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost, performance and preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Provide technical support and training to employees to improve operational effectiveness.
- Work with employees to identify and troubleshoot issues and ensure corrective action is taken as appropriate and required.
- Develop projects to eliminate waste and streamline the manufacturing flow.
- Identify, research, and adapt machine and equipment design to accommodate factory and production improvements including preparation of cost justification
- Lead and drive projects with significant productivity and cost reduction impacts. Areas of focus are overall yield, waste reduction, chemical usage, and CIP optimization.
- Lead and manages projects to accomplish measurable yield improvement and manufacturing objectives.
- Study and improve manufacturing processes, procedures, and sequence of operations aimed at lowering manufacturing costs. Aid in creating, implementing, and maintaining Standard Work for all production areas.
- Conduct time studies for time standard development, plant and process layout, optimizing product flow, equipment and labor utilization. Create an understanding of material flow and design optimized layouts.
- Innovate, recommend, and collaborate with technical teams to develop new processes/services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate major change within Supply Chain when introducing new concepts, products or processes acting as the Change Agent.
- Influence work teams with very strong interpersonal skills capable of moving the workforce towards change using CI methodology.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent in Science related area with expertise in Food or Dairy Science, Dairy Processing, or related field PhD degree preferred 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing plants in areas of maintenance / process, utilities and facility management.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, hands-on mind-set, effective time management, proactive disposition and be a flexible team player. Strong leadership with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across functions and all levels of management.
- Self-motivated, proactive individual who will constantly seek improvement opportunities. Confident problem solver with quick decision-making capability.
- A strong working knowledge of food science and food processing.
- Problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Proficient Windows skills (Excel, Word, etc.) Team spirit, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented and autonomous
Hours/Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary/Wages: Based on experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Madelyn Billmeyer (612) 326-9903