Sanitation Supervisor, 3rd Shift Packaging–Lactalis
Job Title: Sanitation Supervisor- 3rd Shift Packaging
Company: Lactalis American Group
Location: Belmont, WI
Description: Come join the world’s leading dairy company and maker of award-winning specialty cheeses! We promote from within, so let’s discuss your career growth possibilities.
The Supervisor is responsible for the Sanitation of the Packaging Department, ensuring that we meet all the regulatory criteria used to measure cleanliness. Inspects sanitation work and assigns cleaning tasks outside of the daily duties. In charge of sanitation of the department to ensure compliance with internal / external requirements . Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus. Weekends are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities this includes the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Organize the packaging department sanitation work
- Manage Staff: integrate, train, appraise, discipline and ensure development
- Lead a team: delegate, instill a sense of responsibility, set targets, communicate instructions, control, listen
- Gauge training needs and participate in proposing training timelines
- Apply well defined standards with costs and budgets
- Record sanitation data
- Analyze and evaluate sanitation efficiency data and determine the negative or positive net effect
- Implement corrective action plans
- Lead and control various sanitation parameters and implement corrective actions
- Propose improvement plans
- Assists the Packaging Manager with planning and scheduling manpower, consistent with sanitation schedule requirements
- Propose improvement plans and technical and organizational improvements to management
- Organize technical means: plan action for preventative maintenance and cleaning breakdown
- Apply any environmental regulations and ensure they are respected; propose improvements if necessary
- Apply safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed
- Work closely with quality and food safety team to ensure the quality and specifications of product are continually met
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Dairy Science/ Chemistry or science related field preferred
- 2 Years experience in dairy production and/or food industry required
- At least 2 Years experience in a management/supervisory role required
- Stable and dependable work history is required
- Specialized Knowledge Packaging equipment and processes, quality, food safety and health and safely
- Process management, collective line management, line and non-line management, computer/office systems
- Candidate will be analytical and be attentive to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty, integrity, and objectivity
- The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive to new ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail.
- He or she will also be capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills.
- Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity.
- Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
Contact: Email Kendal Garrison or call 608-762-5173 x 3104