2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Job Title: 2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Company: Winona Foods
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Description: Under the directions of the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is the first level of supervision over production operation. This position is responsible for hiring and disciplining all employees in assigned department as well as conducting performance appraisals. Anticipates problems with production or personnel that may interfere with production schedules. Organizes and assigns work.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide supervision of employees to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management
- Drive productivity within the department. Report variances to productivity in a detailed and timely manner
- Frequently and openly interact with other company departments to communicate production goals vs. output, etc.
- Engage in typical supervisor responsibility which includes planning, evaluating, organizing, and delegating
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- This includes work order completion with accurate information.
- Partner with the warehouse group to streamline inter-department communication and ingredient/packaging needs
- Serve as back up to SQF Practitioner and/or back up of food safety and quality programs
- Complete special projects as required
- Ensure compliance with all safety, housekeeping, and work rules and regulations
- Follow all GMP standards and ensure all employees are complying with the standard
- Dispose of trash and cardboard daily
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisor Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible related supervisory experience
- Experience in the food manufacturing/dairy/cheese industry preferred Ability to lift up to 55 pounds
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to read interpret documents such as safety rules operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and employees of the organization
Conditions of Employment: Candidates subject to a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and lifting assessment.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time, 2nd Shift
Salary: Salary Position Based Upon Experience
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
Contact: Email Julie Micke or call (920) 593-6188