Fall 2021 Offerings
WCMA Front-Line Leadership Trainings
WCMA's popular Front-Line Leadership Classes are designed for new and seasoned supervisors of focused teams, and will help build their skillset in the areas of conflict resolution, communication, stress and time management, and the cultivation of a team mentality.
Classes are offered à la carte, and may be taken in any order. Tuition for each course is $135 per person. In 2022, by member request, these trainings will be held in a hybrid format, meaning that participants may choose to participate in-person at the La Quinta Inn & Suites - Madison American Center (5217 E Terrace Dr, Madison, WI 53718) or live online.
- SOLD OUT - WCMA Front-Line Leadership Training – Part A: Essential Leadership Skills |Thursday, February 10
- SOLD OUT - WCMA Front-Line Leadership Training – Part B: Positively Impacting Staff Performance | Thursday, March 17
- WCMA Front-Line Leadership Training – Part C: Cultivating a Team| Thursday, April 7
All parts of WCMA Front-Line Leadership Training will be offered again in Fall 2022, with registration to open in June.
WCMA Next Step Leadership Training
WCMA's Next Step Leadership Training is open to established leaders and encouraged for those member employees who have completed any of WCMA’s Front-Line Leadership or Advanced Leadership courses. While a refresher on essential skills will always be a part of this course’s curriculum, in 2022, the class will also feature a deep dive into talent retention strategies. Register now for WCMA Next Step Leadership, set for Thursday, March 31.
WCMA Advanced Leadership Series - Coming Fall 2022!
The highly rated WCMA Advanced Leadership Series is designed for mid-level managers and employees transitioning to such positions. The series also features guest speakers from industry detailing their leadership successes and challenges, and requires participants to complete projects to implement and demonstrate their new knowledge. Enrollment is limited to 20 individuals and those enrolling participate in all sessions as a cohort to better facilitate relationships. The cost for the entire series is $495 per participant.
In 2022, at members' request, this series will be held in a hybrid format, meaning that participants may choose to participate in-person meaning that participants may choose to participate in-person at the La Quinta Inn & Suites - Madison American Center (5217 E Terrace Dr, Madison, WI 53718) or live online.
- Part 1 on Thursday, September 29 pushes participants to take initiative in driving change and generating positive results for their company.
- Part 2 on Wednesday, November 2 focuses on the development and application of a creative and collaborative problem-solving process.
- Part 3 on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 will detail the tools and strategies leaders can use to foster collaboration and resolve workplace conflict.