Job Title: Aseptic Technologist
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Description: The Aseptic Technologist provides support in the area of process improvement, operations system analysis, and implementation of new products/processes. The Aseptic Technologist manages liquid product and process industrialization at the facility level, with a focus on liquid product stability, including scale up, product optimization and processing development. This position provides technical support to investigate/resolve quality issues or product losses in facility batches.
- Work with facility personnel to identify all process improvement projects.
- Work with cross functional team, as needed, to ensure product/process can be industrialized using existing process lines or identify required modifications prior to industrialization.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate timelines for projects.
- Conduct manufacturing trials for new/renovated products or processes at customer request and provide all supporting documentation for trials (trial protocols, instructions, final trial reports, etc).
- Assist operations with developing and tracking KPI for improvement projects.
- Optimize existing products/processes to satisfy objectives of project sponsor.
- Assist with validation of new products/processes.
- Assist with new supplier qualifications and lead cost savings projects.
- Ability to drive the introduction of new products and manufacturing techniques.
- Skill/knowledge to match customer requirements with facility capabilities.
- Support the Agropur Continuous Excellence program and the strive for zero defects.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years product development team experience, including bench top, pilot plant and factory trial responsibility, required.
- Minimum three (3) years project management experience, including control of budget, required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Minimum three (3) years product development team experience in dairy and/or non-dairy beverages preferred.
- Knowledge of developing and cascading Key Performance Indicators for operational improvement preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of milk and non-dairy based products preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in an aseptic facility preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity