Quality Assurance Supervisor–Lake Norden, South Dakota
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Lake Norden, South Dakota
Description: The Quality Assurance Supervisor works closely with the Quality Management team in the areas of food quality, food safety, sanitation and internal auditing. The Quality Assurance Supervisor consistently promotes and maintains a safe work environment while striving to ensure quality-focused programs that aid in producing products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manage, implement, and monitor SQF programs and procedures in compliance with the Quality Expectation Manual.
- Monitor quality programs and documentation such as GMPs, HACCP/Food Safety, Sanitation, Hold/Release, Metal Detection/Sifter/X-ray/Preventative Control, COAs, Foreign Material Control, Pest Control and Internal Auditing.
- Monitor all environmental, in-process and finished product analytical and micro results and help to facilitate root cause analysis and follow-up on corrective actions where necessary.
- Initiate investigations in the case of results out of specification, customer complaints, or process deviations and initiate/finalize Cause & Corrective Action Reports or Foreign Material Reports as necessary; handle Supplier and Customer complaints effectively.
- Ensures compliance of Corporate and plant level Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and regulatory requirements by performing regular plant walkthroughs.
- Conduct necessary inspections such as Internal Audits/Plant Inspections, Glass/Hard Plastic Inspections, Metal Detection, HACCP/Food Safety reviews, Pest Inspections and mock recalls at least two times per year on appropriate schedules.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of quality assurance/quality control experience required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years of quality experience with food processing preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, FDA, or other regulatory compliance programs preferred.
- Industry Analyst (WDATCP Antibiotic Milk Testing) CIS certification preferred.
- HACCP certification preferred.
- PQCI certification preferred
- Safe Chemical Handling Training certification preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity