Refrigeration Area Service Manager
Job Title: Refrigeration Area Service Manager
Company: Bassett Mechanical
Location: Kaukauna, WI
Description: Bassett Mechanical is a 3rd generation family-owned company that provides custom-built industrial refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, metal fabricating and preventative maintenance service solutions to customers throughout the United States and the world. It is not only a great place to grow and thrive in your career. It is a place to truly belong. As a member of the Bassett Mechanical Family, you'll enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package and many professional growth opportunities. From the moment you're hired, to the day you retire, you're a part of our Bassett Mechanical Family.
Provide leadership, motivation and support to field service supervisors and technicians in the assigned territory that meet and exceed customer expectations. Maintain quality standards of all work performed. Primary responsibility is to assure that all service agreements and projects for assigned areas are initiated, set up, followed through on, performing at or better than planned gross profit and closed out in a timely fashion.
Service Agreement Duties:
- Responsible for new agreement startups for completion within established timeframes while following Bassett’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Assign primary technician; make sure units get labeled appropriately. If applicable, startup reports are filled out correctly, identify equipment upgrades required or project opportunities, identify and address safety concerns and on time customer required safety training, evaluate opportunities for increased efficiencies, and participate in start-up meetings.
- Completes all PM tasking set up for new agreements as determined in the SOP booking package.
- On a quarterly basis perform load leveling evaluation of all the PM.
- Make recommendation to standard tasking as identified to Regional Operations Manager.
- Assure on time PM completion based on monthly goals; work directly with dispatch on planning and scheduling of work and monitor completion status on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly reviewing/investigating APR (agreement performance reports) and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Monitor causes and actions through the use of the “bottom performers” list.
- Monitor completion and daily submittal of service resolutions as well as other paperwork requirements; hold technicians accountable as needed.
- Complete the weekly costing process to identify extras that need to be billed; answer coverage questions; review service report errors, invoice issues and calls covered/not covered and assist with resolution.
- Review historical data and current conditions to complete renewal recommendations 45 days in advance.
- Research customer complaints and invoice issues and follow-up in a timely manner and document as required (QAF). Work closely with accounting personnel to assist with collection issues, as needed.
- Instruct, direct, monitor and support staff in providing materials, directions, tools, and logistical support to the field in order to maximize output per labor hour
Review operating policies, procedures and standard work; and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Support and maintain a Safe and Lean working environment.
- Assist the Regional Operations Manager in the approval of all maintenance pricing, including project pricing as needed.
- Coach and mentor the field service supervisors. Foster teamwork, encourage empowerment to make decisions, ensure appropriate delegation, and audit for standard work.
- Responsible for ongoing technician recruiting; work with the Supervisors related to technician development, monitoring technician performance, and performing annual performance reviews.
- In conjunction with the Regional Operations Manager, evaluate current and ongoing needs to develop an annual training schedule for the service technicians. Maintain training records and skills matrix to drive continued development to meet the needs of the division.
- As a partner to the overall sales and project teams, support the maintenance sales representatives as needed to assist in developing new customer relationships; help maintain existing relationships through periodic scheduled visits and/or support of the CARE representative as needed; and assist the Service Project team with related project needs.
- Actively participate in the planning of department meetings
- Serve as a resource for sales, purchasing, dispatch and business systems to answer technical questions or trouble shoot solutions as needed.
- Provide ongoing input to management and actively participate in regular review meetings on work progress, customer relations, field relations, internal administration and other matters effecting service operations.
- Assist the Regional Operations Manager in developing the recommended yearly operations plan for budgeting.
- Assist in managing the individual spend plans for all agreements.
- Membership in technical or professional organizations is encouraged.
- Responsible for additional projects as assigned by the Regional Operations Manager
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisory or management field involving leadership of direct reports or related experience in leading peers and teams
- Must have high level of knowledge of refrigeration and/or heating and air conditioning equipment
- Excellent customer relation and people skills
- Ability to multi task and shift from office work to field work as required
- High level of planning and organizing required
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly at all levels
- Ability to work through conflict and create win/ win results
- Computer skills required; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to develop finance and budgeting skills
- Membership in technical or professional organizations is encouraged
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact ChaMee Vang at ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), (920) 309-3751