Dairy Food Safety Alliance Meeting
Hilton Garden Inn1220 South Grand Avenue
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Save the date to join the Dairy Food Safety Alliance on Tuesday, October 18 from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. (CT) for practical presentations on the latest in food safety research and regulatory practices, and a chance to reconnect with your peers in dairy processing.
The Alliance, a partnership between the Center for Dairy Research (CDR), Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin (DFW), and Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA), will offer registrants two ways to participate: live, in-person at the Hilton Garden Inn in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin or via a video conferencing link.
Participation in Dairy Food Safety Alliance meetings is open to all dairy manufacturers, processors, and related suppliers.
The registration fee to participate in person or virtually is $45.
Registration for in-person attendees will close on Monday, October 10.
In-person attendees will enjoy a networking lunch starting at 12:00 p.m. (CT), with the meeting continuing at 12:45 p.m. (CT) for all participants.
Virtual attendees will receive an individual Zoom link to join the programming.
Contact WCMA's Kirsten Strohmenger with any questions.
Meeting Agenda in Brief:
10:00 a.m. Meeting Call to Order
I. Agenda Overview & Introductions
II. Inspector Insights Presentation
- Survey insights from Midwestern dairy plant inspectors
- Wisconsin inspection report
- Natasha Kowalchuk, Sanitarian, WDATCP
III. Inspector Insights Panel
- Inspector guidance and Q&A session.
- Tyson Villarreal, Environmental Health Services Supervisor, Bureau of Food and Recreational Businesses/Division of Food and Recreational Safety, WDATCP
- Alex O’Brien, Food Safety & Quality Coordinator, Center for Dairy Research
- Adam Brock, Vice President of Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance, Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
IV. WI Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Protection Updates
- Laura Traas, Environmental Health Services Supervisor - Division of Food and Recreational Safety, WDATCP
V. GMP Updates & Resources
- Jim Mueller, Mueller Consulting & Larry Bell, LBell Consulting
VI. Lunch - 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
VII. Small Group Roundtable Discussion
- Peer-to-peer discussion to identify common industry issues, share possible solutions, and suggest new resources they’d like to see from the Dairy Food Safety Alliance
VIII. Large Group Discussion
2:00 p.m. Adjournment