DFW: Food Defense and FSPCA Vulnerability Assessment Training
There are two parts to this training:
- FPDI Food Defense Training:
- FPDI Food Defense Awareness & Global Importance
- FPDI Vulnerability Assessment Template
- Access to Food Shield
- Development of a Food Defense Plant
- Food Defense Resources
- FSPCA Intentional Adulteration Conducting Vulnerability Assessments Training
- Meets training requirements per the IA Rule for individuals conducting or overseeing the conduct of vulnerability assessments.
During this three day, real-time, virtual course, participants will focus on the food defense activities and documentation that support the development and implementation of a preventive controls Food Defense Plan. The course will provide participants with the knowledge that is needed to create and/or refine a Food Defense Plan to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
The course, offered through Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin in conjunction with the Food Protection and Defense Institute, focuses on practical skills that can be applied to your facility. Your instructors for this course will be Deb Freedman and Jennifer van de Ligt with Adam Brock from Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin providing support from a dairy industry perspective.
A solid understanding of food plant operations is required for this course. Basic training in HACCP is required. PCQI training is highly recommended, but not required.
The course will run as follows:
Tuesday – March 29th – 9:00 AM ~ 1:30 PM – Food Defense Training / FSPCA Intentional Adulteration Training
Wednesday – March 30th – 9:00 AM ~ 1:30 PM – FSPCA Intentional Adulteration Training
Thursday – March 31st – 9:00 AM ~ 1:30 PM – FSPCA Intentional Adulteration Training