WCMA Workforce & Education Committee Meeting
Make plans to join WCMA's engaging Workforce and Education Committee for its next quarterly meeting, set for Thursday, February 16 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. This free meeting, open to all WCMA members - both dairy processors and their supplier partners - will be held virtually.
Our meeting focus is to highlight training resources for Spanish speaking dairy processing employees, including offerings from the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, Cornell University, the Center for Dairy Research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, as well as a new video onboarding series from WCMA. We'll also work together to identify what resources are still needed to best serve and support Spanish speakers in our industry.
Here's a look at the complete meeting agenda.
- 1:00-1:15 p.m.: Networking/Introductions/Agenda Overview
- 1:15-2:00 p.m.: Spanish Language Training Resources for Dairy Processors and Suppliers
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy: New Hire Food Safety Training Videos
- Featured Speaker: Tim Stubbs, Senior Vice President of Food Safety and Product Research, Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy
- Cornell University: Food Safety Principles & Basic Dairy Science Courses
- Featured Speaker: Kim Bukowski, Director of Dairy Extension Certificate Program, Cornell University
- Center for Dairy Research: Cheesemaking Fundamentals Course
- WCMA Video Onboarding Series (in English, Spanish, and Hmong)
- 2:00-2:15 p.m.: Other Active WCMA Workforce Tools
- Annual Wage & Workforce Survey
- Job Fair at CheeseCon
- Leadership Trainings
- 2:15-2:25 p.m.: Upcoming Opportunities to Learn and Connect
- WCMA Webinars
- WCMA Health & Safety Group Meetings
- WCMA W&E Committee Meet-up at CheeseCon
- WCMA Young Professionals Event at CheeseCon
- 2:25-2:30 p.m.: Open Forum & Adjournment
Please contact WCMA Senior Director of Programs & Policy Rebekah Sweeney with your suggestions or questions. Thank you!