2nd Shift Processing & Sanitation Team Member
Job Title: 2nd Shift Processing & Sanitation Team Member
Company: Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery
Location: Wohlt Creamery, LLC, New London, WI
Description: Under the direction of the Sanitation Supervisor, the Processing & Sanitation Team Member is responsible for anticipating and meeting the Company’s evolving needs and objectives. This operational level position provides firm, fair and consistent leadership to employees while fostering an environment of trust and open communication. The Processing Team Member assists with achieving daily production demand and ensuring the make of high-quality products. This member position also ensures that proper sanitation procedures are followed and accurately documented. Assuring safety, quality and performance objectives are a foundational expectation for this role.
Members will be trained and are expected to become proficient in the following areas that comprise the workload of the Processing & Sanitation Team:
- Cheese Batcher: to provide correct grouped cheeses under specific formula for production
- Barrel Dumper: to dump and slice barrels of cheese in the production line for the finished product
- Ingredient Batcher: to provide accurate ingredient formulas for cheese production
- Loading Belt / Track: to transfer cheese onto conveyor belt for grinding
- Sanitation Procedures: to ensure safe and sanitary environment for food production
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management deem necessary.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies to achieve the goals of the Director of Operations
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards including but not limited to: Human Resources, Good Manufacturing Processes, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Food and Drug Administration, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture Trade and Consumer Protection, Safe Quality Food, and the United States Department of Agriculture
- With the aim of achieving high performance, build a positive, team-oriented work culture and environment where continuous improvement, innovative and positive thinking, teamwork, positive behaviors, safety and security are natural outcomes.
- Develop required skills and knowledge to a level of depth appropriate to keep production as highly functional as needed to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Thorough understanding and ability to rotate into all positions of processing including batching, barrel dumping, ingredient batching and track.
- Inspect all raw cheeses for mold, dirt or unsanitary conditions and properly discard any unusable product.
- Move necessary product ingredients to staging area for restacking.
- Properly organize storage of ingredients and raw cheese supplies.
- Complete training on hand trucks, forklifts and other power equipment necessary to successfully complete job functions.
- Properly use cheese scale to accurately weight the needed amount of cheese slabs requested by each formulation.
- Work cohesively with Quality Assurance Supervisor to report any questionable quality or unsanitary findings.
- Follow proper sanitation procedures upon completion of daily production orders.
- Maintain a well-organized and sanitary workspace according the company’s required Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Promote a safe, secure, and positive work environment for all Wohlt Employees.
- Other duties as appropriate or assigned.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Contact: Email Cristy Wanner or call (920) 982-9000 x100
How to Apply:
- Click here to download and complete a PDF application. Submit:
- In Person at our office: 1005 Orville Drive, New London, WI 54961
- By Email: Cover letter, resume and/or application to Cristy Wanner
- By Appointment: interested applicants can set up a time to meet and drop off or complete application at 920-982-9000 x 100