Quality Assurance Project Specialist
Job Title: Quality Assurance Project Specialist
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Description: The Quality Assurance Project Specialist is responsible for project management within the quality function. This position will have ownership of existing projects, execution of assigned projects, and designing and implementing individual continuous improvement projects. The Quality Assurance Project Specialist ensures that quality guidelines and requirements are transferred and adhered to during normal operating practices. The Quality Assurance Project Specialist will monitor the effectiveness of quality tools used in operations and make recommendations for improvement or changes as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform gap assessment for operational deviations from established quality guidelines and practices.
- Maintain a general knowledge of aseptic liquid thermal processing with comprehensive knowledge of blending, filling and packaging.
- Coordinate new product set-up and product changes.
- GS1 Barcode information.
- Process and handle creation of ERP system’s product records (ingredient, packaging material, finished goods.).
- Request documentation from ingredient suppliers, review and maintain associated documents.
- Serve as back-up for programming blending operations in automated system.
- Responsible for ensuring customer/consumer complaints responses are provided on a timely manner. Analyze customer/consumer complaints and initiate or drive initiation of problem-solving projects or actions to drive a reduction in customer/consumer complaints.
- Perform document control and data entering activities as assigned by manager.
- Observe both the production floor and office area for safety, food safety or sanitation concerns, reporting them to the appropriate department to ensure correction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operational Management or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of quality or manufacturing operation experience in a food manufacturing processing environment required.
- Computer software, statistical tools, problem solving methodology experience required.
- SQF certification required.
- HACCP certification required.
- Preferred qualification: Experience in aseptic production.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
How to Apply: Please apply on our website