Accountant–Grand Rapids, Michigan
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Description: The Accountant will provide accounting support for the month-end closing processes including preparation and posting of journal entries along with analysis and reconciliation of accounts. The Accountant is responsible for various reports to both the US and Canada management teams.
- Prepare financial reports, information reports, tax information, insurance information, and other special analysis for Agropur Canada.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Analyze account reconciliations.
- Support the annual budget preparation and quarterly forecasting.
- Complete fixed asset accounting and capital expenditure reporting.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Work with the daily operations of the finance department including the processing of revenue, expenditures, general ledger and account maintenance.
- Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations.
- Assist with the year-end independent financial audit and internal operational audits.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and provide backup support, if applicable.
- Back up other Accounting positions.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related area required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experienced may be considered
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting or related field required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- ERP system experience preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity