Accounting & Finance Manager
Job Title: Accounting & Finance Manager
Company: Valley Queen Cheese
Location: Milbank, South Dakota
Description: The position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the financial functions of the company in accordance with business management techniques and best practices of a premier, privately owned dairy manufacturer. Areas of primary responsibilities include financial statement preparation, market-based risk management administration, milk pooling, milk pricing support, budget management, production and financial data analysis and collaborative support within the accounting and finance team.
- Lead the Accounting and Finance team by cultivating a high-performance environment and establishing clear roles, priorities, goals and holding people accountable for achieving results.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial records are maintained at all times.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepare departmental and companywide budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Assist company leaders to achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Create accurate and timely corporate financial statements by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare assigned reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Act as subject-matter expert, in the primary areas of responsibility listed above, by providing a high level of service and support to management and company leaders.
- Attract and develop the necessary talent to ensure the Accounting and Finance team is prepared to meet future company needs.
- Work directly with CFO to arrange financing to meet the working capital and long-term capital needs of the company.
- Analyze company operations for opportunities to employ risk management practices, using futures markets, forward pricing or other risk management tools.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field.
- 10-15 plus years in various management/leadership roles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Email Mindy Rogers
Questions? Please contact Mindy Rogers, (605) 432-9652