Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Description: The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for the development, implementation, and effective integration of the accounting operations for the company.
- Oversee and maintain accounting software functionality, investigate and resolve issues and serve as support contact.
- Prepare, review and analyze financial results in accordance with accounting and operational needs.
- Prepare, review and input journal entries for all General Ledger (G/L) accounts.
- Conduct and review month-end closing accounting activities.
- Review and analyze G/L accounts, including inventory, receivables, payables, etc.
- Create, revise and maintain written procedures for internal controls.
- Review and approve ACH and wire transfers. Review and approve bank reconciliations.
- Identify and make recommendations to simplify operation of financial department tasks.
- Prepare a variety of financial reports on a regular and as-requested basis.
- Assist with and review year-end Accounting Packages, Tax Packages, Financial Statements and other year-end reports.
- Support year-end and operational (process) audits conducted by both public auditors and internal audit department.
- Prepare covenant and summary financial reports to report compliance with banking requirements.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of general professional business experience required.
- Experience managing and developing staff required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience within food processing preferred.
- Experience with ERP and Business Intelligence system preferred.
- Knowledge of IFRS, and cost accounting principles, practices and techniques preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity