Artisan Cheesemaker - Table Operator -- 2nd Shift
Job Title: Artisan Cheesemaker - Table Operator -- 2nd Shift
Company: Sartori Company
Location: Plymouth, WI
Description: Sartori is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team as a Table Operator. In this position, you will operate cheese making equipment, contributing to our mission of making The Best Cheese in the World.
- Monitors pumping of the whey and cheese curd from vats to the tables and whey removal from the tables to the fines saver.
- Maintains proper curd consistency by operating mechanical powered agitators and shoveling of curd on the drain tables.
- Follows cheese making table recipes and procedures. Measures curd pH and moisture in order to make decisions regarding salting of curd.
- Analyzes curd moisture and pH levels.
- Connects and disconnects the table end unloader and piping to curd transfer pipes.
- Transfers the salted curd to the block forming towers by attaching a pusher blade to the table agitator and pushing the curd into the table end unloader to transfer curd to the block forming towers.
- Rinses and sanitizes drain tables between vats.
- Enters table data, cheese making ingredient amounts and lot numbers into computer.
- Performs sanitation of block forming towers using CIP system.
- Anticipates needs, organizes duties, troubleshoots, and problem solves.
- Performs table sanitation and pre-operation inspection.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Work environment: Typically hot + humid
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Machine operation experience or cheese manufacturing knowledge, highly desirable.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time. Sample work schedule: 12 hour shifts (4pm - 4am), 2-2-3 rotating schedule
Wages: $17.30 starting with $0.30 shift premium
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting