Assistant Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Job Title: Assistant Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Description: We are looking for a Assistant Production Supervisor to join our 3rd shift team in La Crosse, WI. The Assistant Production Supervisor works in all areas of production, performing and overseeing all tasks involved in product production. This position is primarily responsible for effectively leading the work crew for a specific production line, following standard work methods and practices to ensure production is as safe and efficient as possible.
- Monitor all phases of the production line and ensure high quality product is being produced.
- Identify any potential mechanical problems and notify maintenance as needed.
- Perform periodic bag seal inspections.
- Ensure all required samples are being pulled.
- Monitor product for consistency (color, texture, etc.)
- Ensure pallets are neatly stacked.
- Ensure bags are scaled to the correct weight.
- Perform periodic product checks related to yield/recovery during the run.
- Ensure product change-over is done properly.
- Sweep out and tap down tanks (following normal product flow in system).
- Check sifter tailings and CCP’s; recording notes on production record.
- Clear the line of materials used on finished run (unused labels, bags, etc.), bag up samples & scoops, and turn in to Quality Assurance.
- Complete closeout paperwork for each run (including yield calculation to ensure all materials have been recovered before starting next batch).
- Effectively communicate with Line Leads from previous shift.
- Report to work ~30 minutes early.
- Discuss where they are at in run and any problems they encountered.
- Check blend sheet paperwork to ensure the proper components are being used (bags, pallets, fill weights, etc.), and that lot numbers match on product, labels, and paperwork.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum two (2) years of lead experience with multiple production lines required.
- Forklift Certification required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity