Automation Engineer–Luxumberg, WI
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Luxumburg, Wisconsin
Description: We are looking for a second shift Automation Engineer in Luxemburg, WI. This position is from 2:00 pm-10:00 pm or 2:00 am-10:00 am.
The Automation Engineer is responsible for the plant-wide programming of automation and controls systems along with facilitating projects, assisting with troubleshooting, training technicians, and implementing new policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of HMI’s including modifying existing graphics, creating new graphics based on an existing library of blocks, alarms, trends, backing up and restoring HMI projects, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial PC’s and touchscreens.
- Configure and interface with many different types of field instruments with both Ethernet/IP and hardwired IO including VFDs, level sensors, flow meters, chart recorders, photo eye’s, temperature sensors, etc.
- Modify existing control panels and design new control panels as needed including AC and DC power distribution, fuses, breakers, terminal blocks, power supplies, etc. Must be able to conform to all appropriate electrical standards including NFPA 70E.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet networks as needed. Must have at least a basic understanding of IP addresses, netmasks, gateways, DNS, switches, routers, and cat5(e) wiring.
- Assist with problem solving to keep the plant running.
- Troubleshoot and modify existing PLC and HMI programs.
- Write new programs for PLCs, and HMIs.
- Program VFDs, sensors, networks, chart recorders, and miscellaneous devices.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate or Technical School Degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- PLC/HMI and Drive programming knowledge required.
- Experience using CAD software required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experienced may be considered.
- Dairy and project management experience preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time, Second Shift
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity