Job Title: Cheesemaker
Company: Saputo Cheese USA
Location: Belmont, Wisconsin
Description: Participate in all facets of the cheese making process; remaining focused on the below priorities:
- Employee Health & Safety and Food safety
- Product Quality o Productivity
- Safe and efficient set-up to ensure all materials used are cleaned and sanitized for day to day operation. Tear-down of processing equipment; striving to minimize loss of product and return equipment not in use to proper storage location.
- Abide by make recipes, target moistures and quality standards for cheeses produced ensuring consistency, quality and safety.
- Work with supervisory team and intake/pasteurization team to strive to ensure production targets and goals are achieved according to schedule
- Prepare and facilitate cheese tank operation, including but not limited to: monitoring temperature, PH, volume of tank, adding cultures and rennet, etc.
- Ensure cheese press system is accurately set up. Complete pump overs into press from tanks. Monitor cheese moistures throughout the process.
- Accurately input data into computer software.
- Prepare samples of cheese and whey for lab for further testing.
- Facilitate proper tank wash and set up for next vat pasteurization. Monitor CIP charts for state records.
- Monitor full cheese making process throughout to ensure excellent quality cheese (i.e. technique, appearance, aroma, taste, texture, etc.).
- Accurate and timely completion of assigned paperwork, including production records, Master Cleaning Sanitation Lists, schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other paperwork deemed necessary.
- Adhere to FIFO rotation procedures of product and ingredients. Properly transfer ingredients from the freezers.
- Maintain the work area, including general housekeeping and proper storage of unused gaskets, clamps, etc. to ensure a safe and efficient environment.
- Perform routine quality checks to ensure product meets required specifications (i.e. temperature, moisture, coding/identification, etc.); documenting all verification actions.
- Effectively communicate with department, plant and company personnel to ensure safe and effective departmental operations and processes.
- Neatly and accurately complete departmental checklists, verifications and other paperwork, as required.
- Operation of C.I.P. and C.O.P. systems. Sanitize production equipment within the specified guidelines. Reviews cleaning procedures to help ensure the procedures are bring followed and result in clean equipment.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety guidelines to ensure that quality food products are manufactured in a sanitary production environment and delivered with superior protection to our customers and consumers.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent Valid Wisconsin Cheesemaker License, or the ability to obtain (training paid for and provided by Saputo). Must receive within 1 year of placement.
- Prior knowledge of cheesemaking, dairy ingredients and product processing
- Ability to work scheduled hours with overtime to be expected. Schedules are determined by production and staffing needs and therefore may vary.
- Ability to multi-task and self-direct/self-motivate
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Committed to food safety/quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes, but not limited to: standing/walking on concrete, noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, and humid), routine bending/stooping/twisting/pushing/pulling, lifting 20-40 lbs., climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment throughout shift.
- Working with sanitation chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
Contact Information: Email Lauren Schmidt with questions