Job Title: Cheesemaker
Description: Join the momentum. From our plant floors to our corporate office, the Emmi Roth team is proud of the brands we make, the farmers we support and the people who enjoy our cheeses across the country. Every day we set out to make great cheese, and we know that we also have to maintain an environment designed to foster that greatness. A place where incredibly talented individuals are taken care of and empowered to create, lead, and build a great culture based on respect and thoughtfulness.
- Coordinate with milk intake to set up the production schedule, weigh ingredients and cultures for the cheese recipe being produced, and facilitate quality and sanitation testing on cheese vats throughout the cheesemaking process. This cheesemaker will flex between all shifts to cover vacations, leaves and absences and will float in Whey operations and CIP when not needed for cheesemake.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring cheese vats and overseeing the cheesemaking process
- Set up flow times and vat piece count for daily production
- Coordinate and communcate with other departments regarding quality and production issues
- Cleaning and sanitizing the cheese vats and surrounding areas and equipment
- Measuring and weighing ingredients and cultures for the cheese recipes
- Assist the Quality Assurance Department in testing equipment and environmentals
- Documentation of cheesemaking process, ex. Clean In Place (CIP) procedures, Quality checklists, and testing results
- Utilize the JD Edwards system for inventory management and completion of work orders
- Attend staff and department meetings
- Ensure checklists are being completed daily, weekly, or monthly
- May be required to work overtime if deemed necessary with occasional weekend work.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Report any and all injuries to your supervisor or manager at the time of injury.
- Complete all required training in a timely manner
- Adhere to ERU food safety policies and all government food safety and sanitation regulations (ex. FDA, HACCP, GMP, OSHA)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
- The Cheesemaker may have to spend up to 8 hours standing, bending, twisting, turning, using arms and hands for reaching, throwing, handling, and manipulating objects, lift items weighing up to 70 pounds (may utilize buddy lift), need to climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices, be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Wisconsin Cheesemakers License
- See the Wisconsin Cheesemakers Licensing requirements
- Process flow knowledge of cheesemaking, prep, and packaging
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers
- Ability to complete calculations using fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Knowledge of the metric system
- Basic computer skills including e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Experience with JD Edwards software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with automated equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- History of good attendance Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented nature
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- No travel required High School Diploma or GED
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: 26.00/hr + $2.00 Shift Differential
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Contact: Melissa Schmidt, (920) 833-7971