Cheesemaker/Skilled Float - Seymour, WI
Job Title: Cheesemaker/Skilled Float
Company: Emmi Roth USA
Location: Seymour, Wisconsin
Description: Coordinate with milk intake to set up the production schedule, weigh ingredients and cultures for the cheese recipe being produced, and facilitate quality and sanitation testing on cheese vats throughout the cheesemaking process. This cheesemaker will flex between all shifts to cover vacations, leaves and absences and will lfoat in Whey operations and CIP when not needed for cheesemake.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring cheese vats and overseeing the cheesemaking process
- Set up flow times and vat piece count for daily production
- Coordinate and communcate with other departments regarding quality and production issues
- Cleaning and sanitizing the cheese vats and surrounding areas and equipment
- Measuring and weighing ingredients and cultures for the cheese recipes
- Assist the Quality Assurance Department in testing equipment and environmentals
- Documentation of cheesemaking process, ex. Clean In Place (CIP) procedures, Quality checklists, and testing results
- Utilize the JD Edwards system for inventory management and completion of work orders
- Attend staff and department meetings
- Ensure checklists are being completed daily, weekly, or monthly
- May be required to work overtime if deemed necessary with occasional weekend work.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Report any and all injuries to your supervisor or manager at the time of injury.
- Complete all required training in a timely manner
- Adhere to ERU food safety policies and all government food safety and sanitation regulations (ex. FDA, HACCP, GMP, OSHA)
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Wisconsin Cheesemakers License
- Process flow knowledge of cheesemaking, prep, and packaging
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers
- Ability to complete calculations using fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Knowledge of the metric system
- Basic computer skills including e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Experience with JD Edwards software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with automated equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- History of good attendance
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented nature
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- No travel required
- High School Diploma or GED
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
- The Cheesemaker may have to spend up to 8 hours standing, bending, twisting, turning, using arms and hands for reaching, throwing, handling, and manipulating objects, lift items weighing up to 70 pounds (may utilize buddy lift), need to climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices, be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
- The plant floor is a busy facility. The Cheesemaker will have exposure to a moderate level of constant noise that may make it difficult to concentrate.
- The plant conditions are wet and humid with occasionally slippery floors.
- The Cheesemaker will need to be able to work with food grade chemicals required for proper daily sanitation of all equipment.
- The Cheesemaker will need excellent observational skills and hand eye coordination to complete the required tasks.
- Occasional work in the Quality Lab.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $22.00-$28.00/hour based on experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Melissa Schmidt, (920) 833-7971.