Job Title: Credit Analyst
Location: La Crosse, WI
Description: The Credit Analyst is responsible for overall Accounts Receivable processes as well as analyzing paying habits of customers who are delinquent in payment of accounts. The Credit Analyst assists in all credit and collection responsibilities for all divisions.
- Assist with processing invoices of shipments for Agropur MSI.
- Make outbound collection calls.
- Generate and mail statements and collection letters when needed.
- Assist Accounts Payable with data entry where applicable.
- Enter coded Miscellaneous invoices at period end.
- Gather and review credit applications.
- Send and collect credit applications from all customers.
- Send all completed credit applications to 3rd party for collection of credit data.
- Review and send recommendation of credit based from 3rd party investigation to the Credit and Collections Manager.
- Develop a system for follow up of all applications sent to customers.
- Develop a system to make sure Annual review of all Customers is completed.
- Research and solve payment discrepancies.
- Work with Sales team and Sales Coordinators to solve billing and shipping discrepancies.
- Work with customers to ensure situations are resolved and answers provided in a timely manner.
- Work with Accounting team to make sure credit memos are processed weekly and issued in a timely manner, as needed.
- Review open accounts.
- Participate in collection efforts.
- Make credit-related decisions on pending orders with prior approval as needed.
- Close accounts when applicable.
- Extend additional credit with prior approval as needed.
- Communicate with internal and external customers.
- Build strong business relationships with clients and internal partners through telephone, email, and mail.
- Investigate complaints.
- Verify accuracy of charges.
- Correct errors in accounts.
- Generate various reports, which include but are not limited to:
- Reports for Sales staff
- Customer complaints
- Open orders
- Credit checks
- Customers beyond terms
- Generate invoices to customers on a daily basis
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in receivable collection preferred.
- Experience with applying general accounting theories preferred.
- Experience with ERP software system(s) for financial modules preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity