Job Title: Division Manager
Location: Blair, Wisconsin
Description: The division manager oversees all operations within the plant.
- All AMPI employees have an obligation to report employee safety, food safety and food quality issues to personnel of authority.
- This position has a heightened food safety and food quality responsibilities.
- Administers, plans and directs plant operations while continually striving for improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Fosters a “safety first” atmosphere. Leads safety with employee engagement and participation, instilling behavior based safety observations. Identify and investigate safety concerns and implement corrective plan of action.
- Responsible for active involvement with dairy producer relationships, working directly with member services.
- Works within approved budget while developing and implementing cost saving measures while contributing to overall profits and revenue of the organization.
- Manages direct reports who supervise employees in production, quality, maintenance, human resources, and office while responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations and develops alternative solutions.
- Works together to create a positive team environment focusing on employee morale while working together to drive results and exceed divisional goals.
- Ability to manage projects by creating workable plans; communicates changes effectively and builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality including product and work.
- Understands business implications of decisions while displaying an orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition and aligns work with strategic goals.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment by support and explanation of reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and in a timely fashion.
- Develops realistic action plans, by prioritizing and planning work activities. Plans for additional resources as needed.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Makes oneself available to staff, provides regular performance feedback, develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Investigates customer complaints, initiates actions, finalizing to results, which in turn meets customer’s expectations and builds customer confidence.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external). Improves processes, products and services.
- Ability to react well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Observes safety and security procedures. Reports and corrects potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
Description of other duties that may be assigned:
- Attend and oversee District and Divisional member meetings.
- Prepare and report on Divisional issues at District and Division Meetings.
- Attend and assist at AMPI annual meeting.
- Attend and oversee annual YC meeting and report on Divisional issues at that meeting.
- Be involved in local dairy, business associations, and build community relationships.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in food science, manufacturing or related field.
- Five years of supervisory experience required, 10 years of experience in dairy production environment preferred.
- Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA and loss control programs highly desirable.
Hours/Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary/Wages: Dependent on experience
How to Apply: Apply here
Questions? Please contact Nickie Sabo (507) 276-4978