Facilities Maintenance III
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance III
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Description: The Facilities Maintenance III applies knowledge of boiler house processes and equipment to perform all regular and non-routine plant operations and maintenance, including operations of boilers, HVAC and associated equipment, laboratory and clerical work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the organization.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment such as traps, pipes, valves and make repairs when necessary.
- Glycol Refrigeration experience, HAZWOPER, ability to perform maintenance PMs on the gylcol system.
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Using strong knowledge of PSM program, assist in program management and documentation.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Specialized vocational training in maintenance mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, machine shop, electricity, boiler operation and refrigeration or completed apprenticeship program required.
- Experience operating hand tools, power tools, machine tools (lathe, mill, etc.), welders, refrigeration and electrical test equipment required.
- Experience distinguishing between sounds or vibrations for equipment repair required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, including pumps and steam generation required.
- Experience performing mechanical and electrical troubleshooting required.
- Experience reading blueprints and electrical schematics required.
- Boiler Operator License required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in boiler operations preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time, 7am - 7pm
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity