Job Title: Financial Analyst
Company: Associated Milk Producers, Inc.
Location: New Ulm, MN
Description: ABOUT AMPI:
AMPI owns eight Midwest-based manufacturing plants where 10 percent of the nation’s American-type cheese, processed cheese and butter is produced. The cooperative’s award-winning cheese, butter and powdered dairy products are marketed to foodservice, retail and food ingredient customers. In 2019, the co-op launched its Dinner Bell Creamery brand and accompanying Co-op Crafted promise, highlighting more than 50 years of dairy farm families partnering with skilled buttermakers and cheesemakers.
JOB SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst performs general analysis on the monthly business results and plays a vital role in the development of budgets and forecasts. The Financial Analyst also leads the preparation of presentations to senior management and the board of directors.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time:
1. All AMPI employees have an obligation to report employee safety, food safety and food quality issues to personnel of authority.
2. Support the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in the development of budgets, forecasts, and strategic plans.
3. Provide timely, relevant, and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the company’s performance against historical, budgeted and forecasted results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
4. Support the monthly preparation of board reports.
5. Prepare reports and dashboards in various reporting software tools such as Power BI.
6. Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
7. Research and resolve inquiries from business partners.
8. Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis.
9. Prepare financial reports, charts, tables, and other exhibits as requested.
10. Assists manufacturing facilities in creating analysis tools or models.
11. Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
12. Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
13. Identify non-value-added processes within the department and seek solutions along with identifying opportunities for performance improvement and efficiencies across the organization.
14. Work with auditors and provide appropriate information as required.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
• Insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business area partners and management to drive business results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
• Strong presence with the ability to interact with senior leadership.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, internet/intranet, financial planning and reporting software.
• Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills.
• Professional communication skills for both internal and external customers, coworkers, team members and consultants.
• Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
• Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate, and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals.
• Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to a continually changing environment.
• Possess traits of honesty and integrity, creativity, and flexibility.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting with emphasis on finance, or economics.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a dairy manufacturing setting preferred.
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills including pivot tables, charts, and formulas.
• Experience with ERP systems, including extracting data, developing Microsoft Power BI reports, dashboards, and macros.
• Financial modeling experience.
• Experience with WRP systems, including extracting data.
• Experience with Oracle/JDE, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
BENEFITS/REWARDS: AMPI offers competitive starting pay, PTO, 401k, short-term disability, health, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs and more.
Associated Milk Producers Inc. (AMPI) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Military and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary/Wages: Depending on Qualifications
How to Apply: Visit our online posting (https://www.ampi.com/home/page/1506)
Questions? Please contact Nataly Ortiz (email@example.com), (507) 766-3664