Food Technologist–La Crosse, WI
Job Title: Food Technologist
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Description: The Food Technologist engages in the activities of Product Innovation to include product development, sample program, technical services and nutritional documents.
- Serve as Project Leader on requests for product development, ingredient approvals, and technical services (projects), working as a team with Sales Lead, Strategic Sourcing, and/or Quality to create a technical solution toward a sales opportunity.
- Obtain information and/or samples needed to initiate project.
- Order ingredients from approved vendors.
- Digital documentation: formulate and document critical criteria and changes using TechWizard.
- Digital documentation: document project plan, data & progress in network Project Activities file.
- Paper documentation: consolidate project activity (batch formulas, data collected, sensory evaluations) in a file folder and list active projects and status in a notebook, both of which can be shared with group should anyone need to assist or take over a project you have been working on.
- Participate in meetings, conference calls, pilot plant and production trials as needed.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or Biological Science required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of Food Science/Research & Development experience preferred.
- Frozen dessert experience
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity