Job Title: General Production
Company: Associated Milk Producers
Location: Jim Falls, Wisconsin
Become an essential worker at AMPI. Positions available in both the Cheese and Whey department.
- The primary role of General Labor in Cheese is to assemble cheese carts, monitor filling and seal cheese boxes, and put the pallets in cooler at or above production and quality standards while maintaining a safe, clean work environment.
- The primary role of General Labor in Whey is to fill powder bags, maintain quality and stack pallets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assemble carts and place cheesecloth and liners into boxes.
- Carts and pans need to be thoroughly rinsed in order to remove any soil/debris prior being placed in the bottom washer.
- Clean and sanitize and all carts and pans. Inspect and re-clean and sanitize if any soil or debris is located.
- Load and unload carts in vacuum chamber and vacuum for allotted time.
- Seal carts.
- Inspect, weigh, and tag carts.
- Maintain good housekeeping and cleanup of equipment, supplies in bagging and work areas throughout the plant.
- Maintain proper documentation in all formats of recordkeeping
- Adhere to all aspects of company and customer safety, sanitation and site policies.
- Assists with training new employees;
- Provides assistance to the maintenance personnel, when needed, for machine repairs or troubleshooting;
- Adhere to all Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the products manufactured and the processes involved
- Basic understanding of equipment operations and minor troubleshooting ability
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of Safety, Quality and Efficiency
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance
- Ability to understand daily production needs
- Participation in a team environment safely
- Detail oriented, be quality minded
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Food manufacturing, material handling and forklift operation experience preferred
- Must be able to maintain a valid forklift operator license
- Prior experience in the dairy or cheese industry is preferred
- Prior experience in manufacturing is a plus
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP's, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: