General Production Operator
Job Title: General Production Operator
Company: Land O' Lakes
Location: Spencer, IN
Description: Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative. The General Laborer is the front-line employee who performs the manufacturing processes that add value and quality to the inputs and create the final high-quality final products. There are a variety of sub-classifications within the Operator job family that could range in specific duties from receiving and handling the raw materials, adding value through a variety of proprietary processes, to packaging the final product.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Will be walking, standing, and engaging in movement.
- Frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms.
- Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures; environment can be dusty.
- Ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers.
- English proficiency is required.
- Ability to work overtime also may be required.
- The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the hiring manager.
- Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Required Qualifications & Experience: 18 years or older, 6+ months of manufacturing experience, and Forklift Experience and/or Certification.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience: High School Diploma or GED and able to trouble shoot mechanical problems.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy. Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested. Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time. Monday - Friday with occasional weekends, and overtime as needed. Primarily 2nd/3rd shift after completion of 90-day probationary. During the first 90-day probationary period, training may include all 3 shifts.
Salary/Wages: $22.11/hr. base, plus 2nd shift premium times (1:15pm -9:14pm) $1.00/hr. and 3rd shift premium $1.10/hr. times (9:15 PM - 5:14am). $2,000 (total) in sign on and retention bonus payments, $500 sign-on bonus paid after successfully completing 90-day probationary period. $750 retention bonus paid after 6 months of employment. $750 retention bonus paid after one year of employment.
While benefits can vary by location and role, most offer:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D; short disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Benefits begin on day one (health, dental, vision, short term disability). Insure entire family on a low deductible HMO health insurance plan for $149/month. 401(k) with company match and retirement contribution. Discounts at Employee Cheese Store. Employee Assistance Program. Two paid personal days after 90 days. 1 wk. paid vacation after 90 days. Steel-toe shoe allowance of $150/yr. available. Invite your friends and family to apply – we offer a referral bonus program! Uniforms provided & laundered.
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Jennie Miller, (651) 375-4551