Human Capital Business Partner
Job Title: Human Capital Business Partner
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Description: The responsibilities of the Human Capital Business Partner (HCBP) is to partner with the business leaders, the Director Regional Human Capital Operations and Centers of Excellence (COEs) to provide Human Capital (HC) solutions and programs to meet business needs to build, manage and maintain a productive and positive workforce. Specifically, the HCBP partners with business leadership to implement Human Capital programs and tools to the needs of the local business. Operate as both a strategic and operational Business Partner performing the full life cycle Human Capital support within the business, through the planning and execution of Human Capital practices and programs.
- Establish close working relationships to understand business objectives and requirements to assist in the timely delivery of people related solutions. Act as a liaison between the business unit and HC to ensure that HC services are aligned with internal client needs and business goals. Ensure HC programs support the long-term goals of the organization.
- Serve on Site Leadership Team and collaborates with Managers to proactively identify issues and determine optimal application of HC strategies.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
- Participate and contribute to a culture that builds rewarding relationship, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional customer service and effective communication strategies as well as one that guides and directs best practices of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Provide advice, guidance and information regarding employee relation matters to the site leadership and Plant Manager to support decision making. Investigate and take appropriate action to positively resolve workplace conflicts and problems.
- Investigate internal and external complaints regarding discrimination, harassment, safety concerns, etc. Assist with the response and escalate as appropriate.
- Manage talent including recruitment, selection, leadership development, employee development and training, performance management and succession planning.
- Handle employee relations in a way that promotes professional behavior, equal opportunities, fair administration of policies and procedures, and follows all legal standards to include discipline and discharge of employees.
- Implement programs and support local leadership and employees by ensuring a physical presence in the plant(s) on a regular basis.
- Administer the performance appraisal program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization. Ensure practices conform to policy and the program ensures an effective and valuable tool for setting and measuring performance objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding Human Resources/Human Capital.
- Support Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) initiatives as needed regarding employee benefit plans including insurances, FMLA, Personal Leaves of Absence, Paid Time Off, retirement plan, etc.
- Where applicable, administer worker’s compensation program, maintain OSHA 300 log and capture all pertinent data related to workers’ comp claims in coordination with the Safety Manager or Specialist; maintain accurate information on all injuries; collaborate with work comp insurance provider to ensure prompt and proper handling of all work comp claims.
- Support Talent COE by coordinating and conducting organizational training and development initiatives and maintaining records as required. Anticipate training needs for the facility and coordinate training initiatives with Director Regional Human Capital Operation and the Talent COE. Promote communication of educational assistance programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Human Resources which includes work in employee relations, recruitment, selection, wage and hour compliance, and major employment laws (e.g., Title VII, FLSA, OSHA, FMLA, COBRA, etc.) required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- HCIS (Human Capital Information System) experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Visit our online posting