Job Title: Lab Supervisor
Location: Le Sueur, MN
Description: The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for supervising the workers and operations within the laboratory to ensure finished product and raw material testing is done in a timely and accurate manner. The Laboratory Supervisor provides leadership in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities and works closely with key internal partners to facilitate daily laboratory operations and continuous improvement. The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the Quality Laboratory and Quality Programs of the ingredients and products at Agropur Inc.
- Manage, develop and maintain all laboratory-related programs (such as retention samples, document control and retention, antibiotic testing program, and calibration programs).
- Perform microbiological tests.
- Perform chemical, and physical testing.
- Sample, media, and dilution preparation.
- Oversee and manage testing of milk with outside lab. This includes the oversight of testing and submitting of results to the state for official program.
- Inventory and order laboratory supplies for lab and plant use.
- Ensure that all routine functions and mandatory paperwork are performed accurately and completed at the required frequencies.
- Review, sign off and documentation of charts, logs, and other documents as part of the HACCP Food Safety review program.
- Direct workflow while applying learned knowledge of processes and production methods to handle product at the highest level of quality.
- Drive training and coaching in work methods and procedures with a focus on quality, safety compliance and incident prevention.
- Engage in effective communication, coordination and problem solving related to laboratory activities.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum three (3) years of laboratory/quality assurance experience required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in microbiology, food science or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the food production environment preferred.
- Aseptic food processing experience preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity