Job Title: Machine Operator
Company: Great Lakes Cheese
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Description: Great Lakes Cheese's Wausau location is seeking full-time 2nd and 3rd Shift Machine Operators.
- Maintain area, equipment and personal sanitation.
- Ensure proper set up of film, zipper, labels, cheese and operation of machinery.
- Frequently inspect conveyor belt to ensure smooth flow of cheese.
- Inspect Machine E stops to ensure functionality before production starts.
- Load cheese.
- Grease/clean machine and perform basic maintenance tasks based on preventative maintenance schedule.
- Ensure cheese quality.
- Ensure that products produced are within the weight specification/regulation per our Statistical Process Control (SPC) programming system.
- Disassembly and assembly of equipment.
- Sanitation of machinery.
- Productive use of down time.
- Communicate to line personnel on daily production issues, changes, and safety issues.
- Operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Experience, Skills and Abilities: High School Diploma/GED & previous manufacturing machining experience required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
- Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
- Ability to read, prepare, and comprehend production reports and worksheets.
- Ability to communicate with line personnel regarding information contained therein, and regarding quality & safety issues.
- Ability to motivate and build teamwork.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Above average mechanical ability required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to take metric measurements and measurements of temperature.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- SAP experience.
- MES experience.
- Basic computer skills.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
Contact Information: Email DeAnn Handschke with questions or call (715) 841-4144