Maintenance Mechanic I
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic I
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Description: The Maintenance Mechanic I assists in performing routine and break down maintenance on processing and packaging equipment. This position assists in keeping the plant running and in compliance with all rules and regulations by using safe methods of equipment repair/upkeep. The Maintenance Mechanic I assists in performing repairs as needed by the department, troubleshoots processes, performing preventive maintenance, and also assists with machine set ups and rebuilds.
- Be readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
- Accurately read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Accurately complete work orders in a timely manner to maintain high quality standards.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees; notifying them of problems and/or concerns that may restrict production efficiency.
- Complete all paperwork in a clear, legible and accurate format, including all required information and documenting in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by checking parts out of inventory and assigning them to the proper work order; report low supply levels to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, including maintenance shop.
- Adhere to Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- Identify Critical Control Points (CCP).
- This position uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to perform duties.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- This position requires the ability to work with dairy and nut products in addition to other related ingredients and allergens.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Understanding of preventative maintenance programs required.
- Mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic and basic electrical knowledge required.
- First Responder training and certification.
- Electric Lift certification as appropriate.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate’s or Technical School Degree in Mechanics, Electrical, Computer Science or Food Processing preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time, 6 p.m.-6 a.m.
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity