Maintenance Mechanic II
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic II
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Description: The Maintenance Mechanic II performs routine and break down maintenance on processing and packaging equipment. This position is responsible for keeping the plant running and in compliance with all rules and regulations by using safe methods of equipment repair/upkeep. The Maintenance Mechanic II performs repairs as needed by the department, troubleshoots processes, manages and performs preventive maintenance program, and assists with machine set ups and rebuilds. This position is also responsible for training Maintenance Mechanic I’s.
- Be readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
- Accurately read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Accurately complete work orders in a timely manner to maintain high quality standards.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees; notifying them of problems and/or concerns that may restrict production efficiency.
- Complete all paperwork in a clear, legible and accurate format, including all required information and documenting in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by checking parts out of inventory and assigning them to the proper work order; report low supply levels to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, including maintenance shop.
- Adhere to Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- Identify Critical Control Points (CCP).
- This position uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to perform duties.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- This position requires the ability to work with dairy and nut products in addition to other related ingredients and allergens.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in food manufacturing maintenance required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in aseptic manufacturing maintenance required.
- Understanding of preventative maintenance programs required.
- Mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic and basic electrical knowledge required.
- Experience with basic troubleshooting of PLC equipment required.
- Completion of basic Tetra trainings (Package Integrity, Capper, Cardboard packer, Fillers) or equivalent required.
- First Responder training and certification.
- Electric Lift certification as appropriate.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate’s or Technical School Degree in Mechanics, Electrical, Computer Science or Food Processing preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time, 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity