Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Company: Emmi Roth USA
Location: Seymour, WI
Description: Maintenance Technician I performs a variety of activities to maintain plant equipment and facilities in optimum operating condition following established procedures and receiving direction from Maintenance Technician II or Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Tech I strives to meet all internal customers’ needs while maintaining a high level of safety and quality within budget. These activities include minor electrical repairs, plumbing, fixtures, doors, HVAC, and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain proficiency in designated department areas (ex. production) and designated areas of specialization (ex. PLC/Electrical)
- Maintain and repair plant and facility equipment of a mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic nature
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Clean and maintain grounds, parking lots, fencing, building facilities, and vehicles
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious
- Must learn, follow, and actively enforce Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Attend staff and department meetings
- May be required to work overtime if deemed necessary with occasional weekend and call-in work
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Report any and all injuries to your supervisor or manager at the time of injury.
- Complete all required training in a timely manner
- Adhere to ERU food safety policies and all government food safety and sanitation regulations (ex. FDA, HACCP, GMP, OSHA)
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED Valid driver’s license and insurance Forklift, scissors, and aerial lift license
- Completion of the Apprenticeship program, 3 year experience in industrial maintenance, or a Technical degree in EMT Proficiency in Machinist training, Welding, Fabrication Course work with satisfactory grades or certification in machine shop, welding, fabrication, piping, PLC, and electrical
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers Intermediate computer skills including e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Strong electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and blue print reading skills
- Strong technical understanding, equipment maintenance, power tool, and welding skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with automated equipment and power equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure Ability to work in cross-functional teams History of good attendance
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented nature
- Ability to work with moderate supervision
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works regularly under production conditions.
- When in the production room(s), must withstand temperatures of 35-100 degrees F.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk/reach/climb/communicate.
- Lifting – can be over 100 lbs.
- Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors or other motorized vehicles in tight quarters.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- 2 years of food manufacturing experience and/or training or more.
- Experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems / PSM. SAP experience.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary/Wages: Based on Skill and Knowledge
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
Contact: Email Melissa Schmidt or call (920) 833-7971