Manufacturing Safety Specialist - Green Bay, WI
Job Title: Manufacturing Safety Specialist
Company: Winona Foods
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Description: Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Safety Specialist drives the Company safety program towards the goal of an incident free workplace and OSHA regulatory compliance. In addition, the individual supports company-wide efforts in the environmental area. The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ensuring Company compliance with all safety and environmental legislation.
- Develop and administer safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Measure, audit, and evaluate the effectiveness of safety and environmental strategies and processes.
- Conduct hazard evaluations of jobs and processes.
- Provide insight, strategies, and plans to achieve EHS objectives based upon best practices.
- Facilitate safety incident investigations, root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions.
- Perform routine inspections of facilities and operations for unsafe conditions and work practices and implement solutions to reduce/eliminate incident (re)occurrence.
- Develop and conduct employee safety training and emergency preparedness.
- Assist in the development and auditing of 5S program to ensure good housekeeping.
- Provide technical support for capital projects and process related issues in the EHS area.
- Manage Company Safety Data Sheet (SDS) system.
- Provide leadership to build a safety culture in the workplace.
- Lead teams pursuing safety and environmental objectives.
- Communicate with local, state and federal agencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field with 1-3 years professional safety and health experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and work in a team environment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a developed competency to influence and to lead and manage others towards goal of zero injuries.
- Strong meeting, facilitation, and listening skills.
- Knowledgeable with safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills with competent understanding of common office programs.
- Strong report writing, grammar and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply new or changed regulations.
- Seeks latest information about industry practices, standards and trends.
- Self-directed with strong organizational and planning skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary/Wages: Based on experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Julie Micke, (920) 593-6188