Milk Intake Production Supervisor
Job Title: Milk Intake Production Supervisor
Location: Lake Norden, South Dakota
We are looking for a Milk Intake Production Supervisor in Lake Norden, SD.
The hours for this role would be 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
The Milk Intake Production Supervisor assists in overseeing milk procurement planning and scheduling.
- Perform the daily tasks of certain Sanitation positions based on the Plant Regulatory reports issued on an as needed basis.
- Work directly with Supervisor and/or Quality when sanitation issues require immediate attention; redirecting workers to these areas as needed. Provide updates to the Quality Department and Plant or Production Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure ‘In Process’ targets are met; inspect and confirm that equipment has gone through CIP and is ready for Process through Pre-Op Inspections.
- Maintain and troubleshoot for equipment questions or issues. Involve appropriate maintenance, quality, or inventory areas as needed for assistance.
- Gather and review paperwork, legal charts and chemical concentrations.
- Ensure all employees are following proper procedures, completing safe working practices, and producing quality products. Identify and assist in implementing improvements in safety, quality, and productivity on shift.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate for optimal and efficient production of products; acting as backup for the production line positions as needed.
- Monitor employees and their breaks.
- Review weekly payroll time cards and sign off. Review and approve time sheets for team in a timely manner
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum three (3) years manufacturing experience in a dairy and/or food production plant required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate's Degree from a two-year college or technical school in a Science, Business, Operations Management or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: N/AHow to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity