Night Time Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Company: Associated Milk Producers, Inc.
Location: Blair, WI
Description: JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician ensures that all equipment is operating effectively and efficiently, must have strong proficiency in preventative maintenance, over-hauls and medium electrical repair. Must have the ability to read electrical and mechanical blueprints. Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills are highly desired.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. All AMPI employees have an obligation to report employee safety, food safety and food quality issues to personnel of authority
2. Provide maintenance support effectively and efficiently. Timely respond to maintenance related issues, quickly resolve problems, and make necessary adjustments as needed to maintain employee safety, product integrity and production efficiencies.
3. Ensures safe operations through adherence to Environmental, Health, and Safety programs and procedures. Follow all lockout tagout, fall protection and confined space requirements.
4. Strict adherence to housekeeping, by maintaining clean work areas, and tool accountability.
5. Ensures operation of plant equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines. Follows diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications. Responsible for the startup, operations, shutdown and maintenance to ensure safe and efficient operations of plant equipment.
6. Perform all duties related to boiler operation, maintenance, recordkeeping and ensuring that the boilers are running safe, efficient and working properly.
7. Maintain ammonia refrigeration system.
8. Locate and isolate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation by listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments. Remove and fix defective parts and equipment to get the equipment running efficiently with minimal interruption to production. Assist in root cause analysis to prevent the issue from happening again.
9. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges. Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
10. Perform mig, tig and stick welding for various types of metals including food grade stainless steel, steel, and aluminum.
11. Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. Anticipates needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
12. Demonstrate a cooperative effort to train and assist operators and peers in all aspects of equipment maintenance and operation, problem identification, and problem-solving skills.
13. Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance. Documents downtime concisely, document problems and corrective actions taken.
14. Interact with vendors and suppliers to ensure efficient repair, parts stocking, and maintenance of plant equipment and systems.
15. Assist in the development of maintenance projects, assemble the bill of materials, and work with management on upgrades and modifications for plant enhancement.
16. Participate in task meetings; suggest changes in work tasks and use of equipment to increase efficiencies.
17. Function as an engaged team member and contribute to the site's continuous improvement efforts.
18. Perform pneumatic, hydraulic system troubleshooting, and repairs of mechanical and electrical related issues. Diagnose, install, and repair all plant systems.
19. Effectively pass-down to next shift personnel, unfinished repairs and unresolved maintenance/production issues.
20. Participation in the Emergency Response program is required.
21. Assists with training new employees.
22. Adhere to all Quality and Food Safety, Employee Safety, and GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
23. Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Experience, Skills and Abilities: EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Associates degree from a two-year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from a trade school in a related field is preferred.
• Prior maintenance experience in food manufacturing, preferably the dairy or cheese industry, is preferred.
• 1- 2 years of skilled experience in mechanical maintenance and repair work, or other combination of education and experience.
• CMMS maintenance tracking software experience is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of HACCP, GMP's, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable.
• Ability to read and understand graphic instructions, blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts or other visual and electronic aids is highly desirable.
Hours/Employment Type: Full time, nights
Salary/Wages: $25.12 Starting
How to Apply: Visit our online posting (https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ASS1011/JobBoard/76f52471-7853-962f-b13f-e5190c56fd9c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3d12743e-e1b9-47fd-a898-6304b74fa835)
Questions? Please contact Emma Buss (firstname.lastname@example.org), (608)989-2535