Packaging Department Supervisor
Job Title: Packaging Department Supervisor
Company: Emmi Roth
Location: Seymour, WI
Description: Join the momentum.
From our plant floors to our corporate office, the Emmi Roth team is proud of the brands we make, the farmers we support and the people who enjoy our cheeses across the country. Every day we set out to make great cheese, and we know that we also have to maintain an environment designed to foster that greatness. A place where incredibly talented individuals are taken care of and empowered to create, lead, and build a great culture based on respect and thoughtfulness.
The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for all activities in the related department(s) on assigned shift. Departments may include one or more areas such as cheese prep, packaging, sanitation, etc. This position will be mainly responsible for the Packaging Department. Provide direct supervision of team members for scheduling, training, performance and employee development. Oversees the accomplishments of assigned work through the delegation to team leads. Drive continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery and/or Productivity. Assist in the hiring process and administers company policies in assigned departments.
- Create a work environment that motivates and empowers team members to meet and exceed expectations for productivity, quality, waste, sanitation, and safety.
- Conduct interviewing, hiring, training, and performance evaluations; address and resolve employee issues
- Identify & implement continuous improvements to increase workplace safety, reduce waste, improve factory efficiencies and achieve cost savings
- Ensure high quality manufacturing standards are maintained and all employee training is completed and current
- Track and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s) to meet defined targets; proactively address issues and collaborate across departments to resolve problems
- Develop and communicate goals and required actions at regularly held shift meetings, and cascade vital operational information to other groups and/or shifts
- Forecast labor requirements and equipment needs. Anticipate bottlenecks that could impede smooth production flows and on-time customer deliveries.
- Schedule team members according to shipping
- Schedule with efficient allocation of resources
- Create, schedule, print and release, issue materials, and ensures the completion of all work orders on a daily and weekly basis utilizing ERP system
- Collaborate with other department managers to ensure plant and department goals are achieved
- Administer time and attendance system for assigned team members
- Ensure team members are aware of an adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot basic problems with equipment
- Report all injuries and near misses to the Plant Manager at the time of injury; conduct accident investigation and ensure timely implementation of corrective actions
- Adhere to ERU food safety policies and all government food safety and sanitation regulations (ex. FDA, HACCP, GMP, OSHA)
- Performs all other duties as assigned
This position may also perform some of the essential duties and responsibilities of the team members within the department
The Packaging Supervisor may have to spend up to 10 hours standing, bending, twisting, turning, using arms and hands for reaching, throwing, handling, and manipulating objects, lift items weighing up to 25 pounds, need to climb up and down ladders and other climbing devices, be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- College degree or equivalent experience 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; food industry preferred
- Proven ability to lead and/or supervise teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience utilizing an ERP system, JD Edwards preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: 70k to 80k Annual
How to Apply: Visit our website
Questions? Please contact Melissa Schmidt, (920) 833-7971